PRO JET Aqueous
Stonework water repellent. Water based product designed for impregnation of mineral construction materials to make them water-repellent. The mixture once injected under low pressure is diffused inside the wall providing a barrier against rising damp when there is no damp-proof course or when the existing damp-course has failed.
Ref: PJ-AQ – 25l / 5l
Stonework water-repellent PRO JET Aqueous
The process involves the saturation of a select course of brickwork, or an equivalent area of blockwork or stone with PROJET AQUEOUS under low pressure injection, and subsequent replastering. Replastering is necessary to retain salts in the body of the wall to prevent damage to subsequent redecoration.
PROJET AQUEOUS develops its water-repellent properties by reaction with atmospheric carbon dioxide ( CO2 ). The active substance formed from the silicone masonry water repellent is polymethylsilicic acid.
Suitable for walls of brickwork, blockwork or natural stone (excluding flint) in solid walls up to 600 mm thick and conventional cavity walls. The system is not available in new constructions where the mortar will be highly alkaline.
As with all siliconates, PROJET AQUEOUS can cause a white deposit on the surface of coloured construction materials. It is thus advised to inject the product from inside the building where walls are usually replastered.
After treatment, a wall previously affected by rising damp should normally dry out in 6 to 18 months, provided normal heating is used during the winter season and depending on the wall thickness and its material.
Advantages of treatment
- Long lasting protection against rising damp
- Odorless while treatment
- Lets the walls breathe
- Sanitizes walls with drying them
- Reduces moist in rooms
- Good penetration capacity
Typical general characteristics:
– Translucent liquid
– pH : 13
– Density at 20°C 1.04 +/-0.2 g/cm3
- Do not mix with other products.
- Ready to use . Do not dilute.
- Use a low pressure injection alkali resistant device for application
- Do not over apply to avoid any excessive product runs
- Sponge any excessive runs of the product (white stains)
1) Remove any wall decoration items like wall paper, renders, plaster or paint in the bottom part of the wall to make the stonework visible.
2) Drill injection orifices of 10 to 12 mm diameter depending on the size of device used, in the 1st horizontal line of the stonework joint above the floor.
Remove any dust making sure the orifices are clear
Injection operations (so drilling ones) can be carried out from inside or from outside the building. Nevertheless, injection from outside the building is not recommended because as with all siliconates, the product can leave a white deposit on the surface of treated walls. (bricks or colored construction materials)
Depth of the orifices will be 2/3rd of wall width
Orifices must be separated by 10 cm from each other
3) Pour the product into the tank of the low pressure appliance and pressurize it from 2 to 8 kg / cm3.
Insert the injection stick into the orifice aligning the border of the plastic seal with the edge of the stonework. Make sure the seal is properly positioned and the assembly is sealed.
4) Inject PROJET whilst controlling the amount with the meter.
1,5 L to 2 L of the mixture per linear meter must be injected for every 10 cm of the wall width. This quantity must be divided into the 9 orifices per linear meter.
5) Drying time. The damp-proof system will start operating after 72 hours application. Nevertheless, the drying time of the wall can take from 6 up to 18 months depending on materials, on the thickness of the wall, on the amount of moisture inside it and on the atmospheric conditions inside and outside the building.
Precaution for use
- Mandatory consultation of technical and safety documents before use. For professional use only.
- Ready to use . Do not mix with other products
- Corrosive. Strongly alkaline mixture. Causes skin burns and serious eye damage.
- Protection gear must always be worn by users. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Wash immediately and abundantly with clear water in case of contact.
- In case of eye contact rinse with plenty of water for several minutes. Contact a doctor for medical advice.
- Protection gear must be worn by users. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/ face protection/ eye protection
- Use in a ventilated space
- Do not pour the product into rivers or streams
The content of this documentation is based on our present knowledge and experience of the product. PELICOAT FRANCE expressly disclaims all liability if the user does not follow the technical and the security recommendations and conditions of use of its products, especially but not exclusively in the case of faulty application, application by untrained personnel, use of products not compatible with PELICOAT FRANCE products, or incompatible weather conditions.
It is the user’s sole responsibility to inquire on and to respect local laws and regulations especially regarding safety at work, working conditions, and the protection of the environment. For every product, preliminary tests must be carried out before treating all other parts.
PJ-AQ – 25l / 5l