Stone strengthener PELICOAT PRO ROC
Stone stengthener PELICOAT PRO ROC
PELICOAT PROROC is a professional impregnating agent for restoring deteriorated stones. This mixture applied to the stone penetrates it and is converted into quartz (silica), the precursor of all mineral compounds. A mineral binder of this type produces very little change in the physical properties of the strengthened stone. Thus, the thermal and hygric expansions remain constant. The silica gel is also highly resistant against deterioration so that the lost binder is replaced by a particularly stable product.
The major advantages of ethyl silicates are their good penetrating power as well as the fact that the pores never become clogged, which maintains the breathing space of materials.
– Ready to use product. Do not dilute.
– Generally the product is applied by spraying. It’s also possible to treat movable parts by immersing them in a bath.
– A brush or low pressure sprayer can be used. Make sure the amount of product applied is absorbed by the stone’s capillary system.
– Avoid applying an excessive amount of product which may run off and will immediately be absorbed by untreated parts.
– The materials treated must be dry. The moisture contained in the materials will make the product react.
– Several wet-on-wet treatments are generally needed, applied at intervals of between 20 and 30 minutes.
– To determine the appropriate amount of product to be spread, we advise you to carry out preliminary tests, or to approach a specialized control laboratory.
– Freshly treated surfaces must be covered for 2 or 3 days against rain and direct sunlight (if applied at a temperature over 25° C).
– Always carry out preliminary tests on a small hidden surface before treating any part.
– The total time needed for the strengthener to deposit silica gel varies from one to three weeks at most.
– Renew operation if necessary 3 weeks after the previous treatment.
– Usual consumption is between 0.5 and 3 L /m² depending on the porosity of the material.
Also available in a concentrated version for very deteriorated parts : see Pro Roc +
Typical general characteristics:
– Ethyl silicate : 50%
– Solvent : 50%
– Best temperature for application [ 10 to 20°C ] – Flash point : 44°C [111°F] – Density at 20°C 0.90 +/- 0.02 g/cm3
– Colorless to slightly yellow
– Mandatory consultation of technical and safety documents prior to using.
– Flammable product. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. No smoking while using the product.
– Wash immediately and abundantly with clear water in case of contact.
– Protective gear must be worn by users. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing
– Do not ingest.
– Do not mix with other products.
– Do not pour the product into rivers or streams.
Fields of application
Restoration work, stone masonry…