Reinforced stone strengthener PELICOAT PRO ROC+
PELICOAT PROROC ref TH is a professional impregnating agent for restoring deteriorated stones.
The major advantages of the ethyl silicates are their good penetrating power as well as the fact that the pores never become clogged, which maintains the breathing space of materials
– Ready to use product. Do not dilute.
– Generally, the product is applied by spraying. It’s also possible to treat movable parts by immersing them in a bath.
– A brush or low pressure sprayer can be used. Make sure the amount of product applied is absorbed by the stone’s capillary system.
– Avoid applying an excess amount of product which may run off and will immediately be absorbed by untreated parts.
– The materials treated must be dry. The moisture contained in the materials will make the product react.
– Several wet-on-wet treatments are generally needed and are to be , applied at intervals of 20 to 30 minutes.
– To determite the appropriate amount of product to be spread, we advise you to carry out preliminary tests, or to approach a specialized control laboratory.
– Freshly treated surfaces must be covered for 2 or 3 days against rain and direct sunshine.
– Always carry out preliminary tests on a small hidden surface before treating any part.
– The total time needed for the strengthener to deposit silica gel varies from one to three weeks. at most
– Renew operation if necessary 3 weeks after the previous treatment.
– Usual consumption is between 0.5 and 3 L /m² depending on the porosity of the material.
Typical general characteristics:
– Ethyl silicate : 50%
– Solvent : 50%
– Best temperature for application [ 10 to 20°C ] – Flash point : < 23°C [73.4°F] – Density at 20°C 0.90 +/- 0.05 g/cm3
– Colorless to slightly yellow
CAUTION : Extremely flammable product. Smoking is
strictly forbidden while using that mixture
as well as producing flames or sparks nearby users.
– Mandatory consultation of technical and safety documents prior to using.
– Beware of using above flash point temperature 23°C [ 73.4°F] – Stock in a fresh, ventilated space, and not on direct sunshine.
– Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
– Wash immediately and abundantly with clear water in case of contact.
– Protection gear must be worn by users. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing
– Do not ingest.
– Do not mix with other products.
– Do not pour the product into rivers or streams.
Fields of application
Restoration work, stone masonry…