PELICOAT PROSTONE Professional stain remover for floors, walls and terraces
PELICOAT PROSTONE is a professional eco-friendly preventive stain remover in aqueous phase that provides long-lasting protection for all porous mineral materials against deterioration caused by penetration of water or grease.
PELICOAT PROSTONE strengthens floor surfaces and protects against stains. This easy-to-use product reduces maintenance costs for treated mineral surfaces and facilitates their cleaning.
It especially reduces adhesion of chewing-gum and limits the incrustation of dirt.
Safe for users and for the environment.
Can be used both indoors and outdoors on vertical or horizontal mineral surfaces such as floors, walls and terraces made from concrete, tile and various types of stone.
Reference: PROSTONE – 25 l/5 l
Prostone professional water- and oil-repellent stain remover
Would you like to know how to waterproof your terrace, swimming pool tiles or your stone-faced wall to protect against water and all sorts of dirt?
Try the PELICOAT PROSTONE Stain remover, a professional aqueous-phase product designed to protect porous mineral materials against damage caused by the penetration of water and grease. PELICOAT PROSTONE maintains its waterproofing and protective properties for over 10 years. This has been confirmed by tests conducted by the international research centre for the conservation and restoration of monuments in Rome (ICCRO – Experimentation for the Axum project in February 2000).
Prostone water- and oil-repellent mode of action
– PELICOAT PROSTONE penetrates materials through capillary action and prevents water and grease from entering porous mineral materials such as floors, swimming pool tiles, walls and terraces in concrete, granite, marble and reconstituted stone or various other types of stone.
– The protective film is micro-porous allowing the material to breathe and water vapour to escape.
– It is colourless and does not alter the original appearance of the materials treated.
Characteristics of the waterproofing agent for floors, walls and terraces
– Colourless liquid
– Acrylic copolymer in aqueous phase
– Packaging: 5 – 10 – 25 litres
– Storage: temperature > 5° C
advantages of treatment
– Provides long-lasting protection for tiled floors, stone faced walls, marble terraces, etc. against water, dirt, grease, pollution etc.
– Excellent protection against stains on stone flooring (terraces, tiles, paving stones, etc.)
– Reduces adhesion of chewing-gum to stone floors
– Prevents degradation caused by frost after penetration of water into mineral materials
– Reduces the formation of micro-organisms (moulds, algae, lichens, etc.)
– Easy to apply, no dilution required, suitable for all mineral materials with no special protection required
– Enables gaseous exchanges and allows mineral materials to breathe (see ICCRO test)
– Helps maintain stone floors and walls and reduces costs
– Consumption rate: 3 to 15 m²/litre depending on material porosity
Application of protection for floors, walls and terraces
– Through spraying, with a brush or roller, PELICOAT PROSTONE can be applied with no special environmental protection required.
– Resistant to water jets and washing of material with water.
– Before application, verify that the pH of the material is relatively neutral [6 < pH < 8] (neutralise after applying acidic or alkaline cleaners for example).
– Product should be applied preferably from the bottom moving upwards for inclined surfaces, in one single coat, until the treated surface cannot absorb any more product.
– For some surfaces it is best to apply a light second coat before the first coat has dried. Wet-on-wet application.
– Do not apply in rain or frost.
– Drying time: 24 h
– Optimum results: 7 days
– Product ready to use. Do not dilute.
– Do not mix with other products.
Maintenance of mineral surface treated with Pelicoat Prostone
– The beading effect of PELICOAT PROSTONE enables rapid absorption of all stains with a sponge or paper towel.
– All mineral surfaces treated can be easily cleaned with a high-pressure water jet (hot water).
– Cleaning does not remove the protection. It is therefore unnecessary to reapply protection after cleaning.
– In some cases, you may need to clean the surface with a mild soap.
Examples of use for the Pelicoat Prostone professional stain remover
– Protects all porous building materials, can be applied to interior or exterior vertical and horizontal surfaces, such as tiled, granite, marble or concrete floors, stone faced walls, etc.
– Ideal for preventive floor treatment.
The content of this documentation is based on our present knowledge and experience of the product. PELICOAT FRANCE expressly disclaims all liability if the user does not follow the technical and the security recommendations and conditions of use of its products, especially but not exclusively in the case of faulty application, application by untrained personnel, use of products not compatible with PELICOAT FRANCE products, or incompatible weather conditions.
It is the user’s sole responsibility to inquire on and to respect local laws and regulations especially regarding safety at work, working conditions, and the protection of the environment. For every product, preliminary tests must be carried out before treating all other parts.
PROSTONE – 25l / 5l